We are your go-to source for all things related to work.
Families and Work Institute (FWI) is a nonprofit,nonpartisan research organization that studies the changing workforce, family and community. As a preeminent think-tank, FWI is known for being ahead of the curve, identifying emerging issues, and then conducting rigorous research that often challenges common wisdom, provides insight and knowledge. As an action-tank, we conduct numerous studies that put our research into action and then evaluate the results.
Our purpose is to create research to live by.
The issues that Families and Work Institute tackles are broad and timely, affecting life on and off the job.
Our current projects focus on:
- the effective workplace;
- the impact of the current economy on employers and their policies;
- workplace and career flexibility;
- gender and generation in the workforce;
- the health of the American workforce;
- life skills and executive function;
- leaders in a global economy;
- talent management;
- the low-wage workforce and upward mobility;
- children, youth and learning;
- the quality of education;
- community schools;
- school-based health care;
- family caregivers of the elderly;
- working in retirement; and
- the aging workforce.
Ultimately, the Institute’s work benefits American employers and employees, their families, their communities and the institutions that support them.
The research we conduct takes the very real questions that arise from living in today’s world and turns them into studies that can inform and affect new ways to think and act at every stage of our lives
– Ellen Galinsky, President and Co-Founder, Families and Work Institute