WORKFLEX is available at the SHRM Bookstore.
The Guide, written by workplace experts at the Families and Work Institute (FWI), the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), and a host of other well-known voices in the field, provides a workflex roadmap for employers who are serious about implementing this new model in their workplaces. And it provides evidence for those companies wondering if a flexible workplace is a smart business decision.
“If we give flexibility, if you give the responsibility to the employees, if you say, ‘Here’s the work that needs to be done; the way you do it is irrelevant to me,’ it improved productivity,” according to former Merck CEO Richard Clark, who is just one of many leaders and workflex case studies included in the Guide.
The Guide, which debuted at the “2012 Workflex Conference: Re-Imagining The Workplace,” put on in partnership with FWI and SHRM, provides
- a step-by-step blueprint on how to create and maintain workflex;
- an overview on the most up-to-date statistics on workflex trends;
- a breakdown of key laws and compliance issues related to workflex initiatives;
- advice from some of the top flexible workplace minds in the country;
- and real stories from employers who are getting workflex done right and becoming more effective for it.
“There is significant opportunity to ‘connect the dots’ across internal stakeholders in order to maximize the value, impact and speed of adoption of flexibility for both individuals and organizations,” notes a case study from Boston-based financial firm State Street.
To that end, the Guide is destined to become the “Workflex Bible” for a changing, more flexible workplace.